Section 2 of UTGST – Definitions as per Union Territory GST Act 2017
Section 2 of UTGST – Definitions as per Union Territory GST Act. Deep analysis for Section 2 of UTGST Bill 2017 – Definitions as per Union Territory GST Act as per UTGST Act 2017. Get Complete Details for UTGST Section 2 and also get detailed analysis of all Sections of UTGST Act 2017. This UTGST Section provide all details for Definitions as per Union Territory GST Act applicable on all Union Territories of India. Find Analysis of UTGST Section 2 of Union Territory goods & Service tax Act 2017. The Main purpose of UTGST bill is to apply a collection of tax on every Intra UT supply of goods and service in the union territories in absence of legislature and has similar properties as that of SGST. Check Section Wise Analysis of UTGST Act 2017, Chapter Wise Analysis of UTGST All Sections. In this article you may find complete details regarding Section 2 of UTGST Act 2017 – Definitions as per Union Territory GST Act. Now Check more details from below…..
Section 2 of UTGST – Definitions
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(1) ‘‘appointed day’’ means the date on which the provisions of this Act shall come into force;
(2) ‘‘Commissioner’’ means the Commissioner of Union territory tax appointed under section 3;
(3) ‘‘designated authority’’ means such authority as may be notified by the Commissioner;
(4) ‘‘exempt supply’’ means supply of any goods or services or both which attracts nil rate of tax or which may be exempt from tax under section 8, or under section 6 of the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, and includes non-taxable supply;
(5) ‘‘existing law’’ means any law, notification, order, rule or regulation relating to levy and collection of duty or tax on goods or services or both passed or made before the commencement of this Act by Parliament or any Authority or person having the power to make such law, notification, order, rule or regulation;
(6) ‘‘Government’’ means the Administrator or any Authority or officer authorised to act as Administrator by the Central Government;
(7) ‘‘output tax’’ in relation to a taxable person, means the Union territory tax
chargeable under this Act on taxable supply of goods or services or both made by
him or by his agent but excludes tax payable by him on reverse charge basis;
(8) ‘‘Union territory’’ means the territory of,—
- (i) the Andaman and Nicobar Islands;
- (ii) Lakshadweep;
- (iii) Dadra and Nagar Haveli;
- (iv) Daman and Diu;
- (v) Chandigarh; or
- (vi) other territory.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this Act, each of the territories specified in sub-clauses (i) to (vi) shall be considered to be a separate Union territory;
(9) ‘‘Union territory tax’’ means the tax levied under this Act;
(10) words and expressions used and not defined in this Act but defined in the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, the State Goods and Services Tax Act, and the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, shall have the same meaning as assigned to them in those Acts.