Section 130 of GST – Confiscation of goods or conveyances and levy of penalty. Complete Details for GST Section 130 as per GST Act 2017. In this GST Section you may find all details for Confiscation of goods or conveyances and levy of penalty as per GST Act 2017. Detailed Analysis of GST Section 130 of GST Act 2017. We Provide Complete Details for All GST Section’s and In this article you may find all details for GST Section 130. Check Section Wise Analysis of GST Act 2017, Chapter Wise Analysis of GST All Sections. in this article you may find complete details regarding Section 130 of GST Act 2017 – Confiscation of goods or conveyances and levy of penalty, gst all sections and definitions. Now Check more details from below…..
Section 130 of GST – Confiscation of goods or conveyances and levy of penalty
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, if any person –
- (i) supplies or receives any goods in contravention of any of the provisions of this Act or the rules made thereunder with intent to evade payment of tax; or
- (ii) does not account for any goods on which he is liable to pay tax under this Act; or
- (iii) supplies any goods liable to tax under this Act without having applied for registration; or
- (iv) contravenes any of the provisions of this Act or the rules made thereunder with intent to evade payment of tax; or
- (v) uses any conveyance as a means of transport for carriage of goods in contravention of the provisions of this Act or the rules made thereunder unless the owner of the conveyance proves that it was so used without the knowledge or connivance of the owner himself, his agent, if any, and the person in charge of the conveyance,
then, all such goods or conveyances shall be liable to confiscation and the person shall be liable to penalty under section 122.
(2) Whenever confiscation of any goods or conveyance is authorised by this Act, the officer adjudging it shall give to the owner of the goods an option to pay in lieu of confiscation, such fine as the said officer thinks fit:
Provided that such fine leviable shall not exceed the market value of the goods confiscated, less the tax chargeable thereon:
Provided further that the aggregate of such fine and penalty leviable shall not be less than the amount of penalty leviable under sub-section (1) of section 129:
Provided also that where any such conveyance is used for the carriage of the goods or passengers for hire, the owner of the conveyance shall be given an option to pay in lieu of the confiscation of the conveyance a fine equal to the tax payable on the goods being transported thereon.
(3) Where any fine in lieu of confiscation of goods or conveyance is imposed under sub-section (2), the owner of such goods or conveyance or the person referred to in sub-section (1), shall, in addition, be liable to any tax, penalty and charges payable in respect of such goods or conveyance.
(4) No order for confiscation of goods or conveyance or for imposition of penalty shall be issued without giving the person an opportunity of being heard.
(5) Where any goods or conveyance are confiscated under this Act, the title of such goods or conveyance shall thereupon vest in the Government.
(6) The proper officer adjudging confiscation shall take and hold possession of the things confiscated and every officer of Police, on the requisition of such proper officer, shall assist him in taking and holding such possession.
(7) The proper officer may, after satisfying himself that the confiscated goods or conveyance are not required in any other proceedings under this Act and after giving reasonable time not exceeding three months to pay fine in lieu of confiscation, dispose of such goods or conveyance and deposit the sale proceeds thereof with the Government.
On our web portal we provide all the details of GST Act 2017. We hope that our article will be helpful for you to understand the GST Act 2017.