IGST: Integrated Goods & Service Tax concept introduced in India for Taxability on interstate movement of goods & services & transfer of same with Tax invoice to continue ITC chain or not to break seamless flow of credit which is Basic Objective of GST. Now check more details for “Important Definitions Under IGST OR Principles under IGST” from below
Important Definitions Under IGST
Following Principles used for determining interstate supply of goods and /or services are as under.
- Interstate Supply of goods means(subject to section- 7) : any supply where location of suppliers & place of supply are in different state
- Interstate supply & service means (subject to section -9): any supply where location of suppliers & place of supply are in different state
- 3&4 Supply of goods or services in course of import into territory of India shall be deemed to be supply of goods /services in the course of interstate trade or commerce.
- Supply of goods /service:-When supplier is India & POS is out Side India.
- Supply of goods /service :- To or by SEZ Developer / unit
- Any supply not intrastate :- Deemed to interstate supply
Section 8 :
Fixed Establishment : Means place other than place of Business which is characterized by sufficient degree of permanence & suitable structure in terms of human & Technical resources to supply service or to use service
Location of recipient of service Means – Section 2( 17)
|Scenario||Location of recipient of service||Example/Case Study|
7. Location of suppliers of service:- Section 2 (18) Above same principle will apply for location of supplier of services also.
In short we can make simple rule to understand above
- Place of Business for which registration obtained – Factory /Registered premises
- Other than place of business at fixed establishment – Pump house/township
- More than one establishment – multiple sales / offices – directly concerned
- Residual cases – Registered office /Head offices
If you have any query or suggestion regarding “Important Definitions Under IGST OR Principles under IGST” then please tel us via below comment box…
We hope you like our article. Please share this article on social Media Platforms like Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Whatsapp