- 1 GST Registration Online – Procedure, Rules, Forms, Documents Required
- 2 What is GST Registration?
- 3 GST Registration Number
- 4 GST Registration Video Guide
- 5 GST Registration by Existing Tax Payers or Migration to GST
- 6 When GST Registration is Mandatory or Required ?
- 7 Special Category States under GST
- 8 Multiple GST Registrations for Different States
- 9 GST Registration Turnover Criteria 2017
- 10 GST Registration Procedure
- 11 GST Registration for Service Tax Dealers
- 12 State Wise GST Migration Procedure
- 13 How to Register on New GST Portal
- 14 How to Check GST Registration Status, Track GST Registration Status
- 15 Problems Faced at GST Portal and there Solutions
- 16 Steps to be followed for GST Registration in India
- 17 Who can be the primary Authorized Signatory in GST?
- 18 Documents Required for GST Registration
GST Registration Online – Procedure, Rules, Forms, Documents Required
Everything you want to know about GST Registration process in India. Read about rules, forms, documents & procedure required for GST Registration online . GST Online Registration Steps. All you need to know about GST New Registration Procedure 2017, Find Complete procedure for Online GST Registration in India. Summary of Procedures and Documents required for registration on GST Portal by the State VAT Dealers. Check Registration Procedure Under GST. Registration of Existing Tax Payers at New GST Portal with Screenshots. Check all details for “GST Registration – Procedure, Rules, Forms, Documents Required”
What is GST Registration?
Any supplier of goods and service Provider of services who makes a taxable supply with an aggregate turnover of over Rs.20 lakhs in a financial year is required to obtain GST registration. In special category states, the aggregate turnover criteria is set at Rs.10 lakhs. in simple words Every business whose taxable supply of goods or services under GST (Goods and Service Tax) and whose turnover exceeds the threshold limit of Rs. 20 lakh / 10 Lakh as applicable will be required to register as a normal taxable person
GST Registration Number
GST Registration Number or GSTIN is 15 Digit identification number which is allotted to each applicant who applied for GST Registration. GST Number is completely based on the Pan Number and State code. First two digit represent the state code and another 10 digit represent the Pan number of the client , one digit represent the entity code( Like proprietorship or partnership etc), one digit is blank and last one is represent check digit.
In this article you may find complete details for GST Registration Procedure for various states like – GST Registration in Rajasthan, Bihar, Gujarat, MP, UP, Kerala, Jharkhand, Delhi, Maharashtra, Kolkata, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Telangana, West Bengal etc.. We Provide complete information regarding GST Registration for New Tax Payers and Existing VAT or Sales Tax Dealers. Now check more details for GST Registration In India from below…GST Registration is Compulsory for All Old VAT, Excise, CST, Sales Tax dealers…
GST New Registration Procedure – Step by Step guide with Screenshots New
GST Registration Video Guide
- Applying for GST-Registration – PART A
- Applying for GST-Registration – PART B
- Application for Enrolment of GST Practitioner
- GST Composition Scheme Registration
- GST System Overview, GST Login at www.gst.gov.in
GST Registration by Existing Tax Payers or Migration to GST
All the Existing VAT, Central Excise, Service Tax assessees dealers will be migrated to GST. To migrate to GST, assessees would be provided a Provisional ID and Password by CBEC/State Commercial Tax Departments.. Here wee Provide complete Registration Procedure for Existing Tax Payers in Separate Article with all Screenshots, Please Check Full Registration Procedure for registration on GST Portal by the State VAT Dealers by following article….
GST Full Registration Procedure for Existing Dealers with Screenshot
When GST Registration is Mandatory or Required ?
- If anyone selling goods or provide services within state and have expected turnover more than 20 lakh rupees in a year. ( For Example – Providing the goods and services in Jaipur and between 01.07.2017 to 31.03.2018 your turnover cross more than 20 lakh rupees then its required the GST Number.
- If Supplier selling goods and service outside state & even have turnover less than 20 lakh rupees in a year. ( For example – providing the goods and service in Karnataka, Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and have turnover less than 20 lakh in 16-17 but still you have to required the GST Registration due to inter state supply.
- If you are doing ecommerce business online or any service based business online then its required the GST Registration.
- If you are deal as trader or manufacturer and your suppliers are registered under the GSTIN already then they charge the GST on your purchase & if you need the input credit or refund then you have to required the GSTIN Number.
Special Category States under GST
In special category states, the aggregate turnover criteria for GST Registration is set at Rs.10 lakhs. list of all the Special Category states are as below….
Currently, Assam, Nagaland, Jammu & Kashmir, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Himachal Pradesh, and Sikkim are considered special category states.
Multiple GST Registrations for Different States
Ig any person doing multiple business in different states then he require to obtain a separate registration for each business vertical.
PAN Number is mandatory to apply for GST registration (except for a non-resident person who can get GST registration on the basis of other documents).
A GST Registration which has been rejected under CGST Act or SGST Act shall also stand rejected for the purpose of SGST or CGST act.
GST Registration Turnover Criteria 2017
GST being a tax on the event of “supply”, every supplier needs to get registered. However, small businesses having all India aggregate turnover below Rupees 20 lakh (10 lakh if business is in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Manipur, Mizoram, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Nagaland or Tripura) need not register. The small businesses, having turnover below the threshold limit can, however, voluntarily opt to register.
- 20 Lakh Rupees in a year for across India except the North East State.
- 10 Lakh Rupees in a year for North East State.(Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand)
GST Registration Procedure
GST Registration for Service Tax Dealers
If you want to migrate your existing service tax number into the GST Number then you have to follow following steps for the GST Registration Online – Find complete details for GST Migration of Existing Service Tax, Excise Dealers 2017.
State Wise GST Migration Procedure
Please click on Below State link and Find your Complete Procedure for GST Registration in your State…we also try to Provide Video guide for GST Registration in India…we also try to Provide GST Registration of Other States as soon Possible
- GST-Registration Consent Letter, Authorization Letter Format
- GST-Registration Schedule, GST-Registration last Dates All States 2017
- How to Register and Update Digital Signature (DSC) on GST Portal
How to Register on New GST Portal
- Step 1 – Every Existing Taxpayer require to Visit on GST Registration Portal By Using Following link https://www.gst.gov.in/
- Step 2 – Now Please Click on “New User Login” and then Select the check box to confirm the Terms and press continue
- Step 3 – Enter Provisional ID, Temporary Password & Captcha Received from your VAT Department and then press “LOGIN”
- Step 4 – Enter Email ID , Mobile number and click Continue
- Step 5 – OTP’s will be sent to your Email ID & Mobile no. Please Enter the OTP’s to the correspondent fields and Click Continue
- Step 6 – Enter Username and password for the next time login
- Step 7 – Enter Security Answers which will help you to reset the password incase if you forget your current password
- Step 8 – GST Login credentials created successfully, Now visit again on GST Portal and then click on “Exiting User Login” and Re-enter with your login credentials
- Step 9 – Please Follow Below Procedure for Further Instruction
- Step 10 – Fill all Require Details, upload Require Documents and Click Save & Continue
- Step 11 – Fill the Details of Proprietors/Partners of your Firm
- Step 12 – Fill the all other require Details, Upload the related documents and Click Save & Continue
- Step 13 – Fill the Complete Details of Authorized Signatory
- Step 14 – Enter Details, upload documents and Click Save & Continue
- Step 15 – Fill The Details of Principal place of business
- Step 16 – Enter Commodity Details and Save & Continue
- NOTE : In case you do not know the HSN Code: In the Search HSN Chapter by Name or Code field, type the matching character and from the displayed HSN Chapter list, scroll and select the appropriate HSN code.
- Step 17 – Fill the Details of Bank account and upload document
- Step 18 – Click Verification checkbox and submit with DSC
- Note : Digitally signing using DSC is mandatory in case of LLP and Companies
- Click the SUBMIT button to save the updated information and documents.
- Step 19 – Click Proceed (Note : Make sure your DSC dongle is inserted in your laptop/ desktop)
- Step 20 – Click Sign from the Pop-up window
- Step 21 – Note: To view the details of your DSC, click the View Certificate button.
- Step 22 – On successful submission it will show message on screen
NOTE : The success message is displayed after the validation of the DSC PIN. You will receive the acknowledgement in next 15 minutes on your registered email address and mobile number. Application Reference Number (ARN) receipt will be sent on your e-mail address and mobile number.
How to Check GST Registration Status, Track GST Registration Status
Problems Faced at GST Portal and there Solutions
Not able to logged in at GST Portal
If GST is reporting invalid provisional id and password at the time of registration, then clear the browser’s cache first. That is, delete your browsing history. Log on to GST’s website again. You will get a 10 digit token name. If you get a 9 digit token number then put the 0 ahead. If this problem comes back to you then please contact the GST Helpdesk.
Not getting OTP
If you are not getting a One Time Password (OTP) on the registered mobile number, then check that your phone number is not registered for ‘Do Not Disturb’, due to which the message is not coming. Please register your phone’s ‘do not disturb’ service and start the registration process of GST again. If your e-mail does not have a one-time password, check it in your spam folder.
Steps to be followed for GST Registration in India
Who can be the primary Authorized Signatory in GST?
A primary Authorized Signatory is the person who is primarily responsible to perform action at the GST Common Portal on behalf of the taxpayer. All communication from the GST Common Portal relating to taxpayer will be sent to the primary Authorized Signatory.
|Type of Business||Who can be the Authorized Signatory?|
|Proprietor||The proprietor or any person authorized by the proprietor|
|Partnership||Any authorized partner or any person authorized by the partners|
|Company, LLP, Society or Trust||The person authorized by Board or Governing Body. can act as Primary Authorized Signator|
Note: The Authorized Signatory or Primary Authorized cannot be Minor in age….
Click here to Download GST Authorization Letter Format
Documents Required for GST Registration
Hello Friends we write full article on Documents Required for GST Registration, Please check following article for more details….In this article you may find full list of all required documents for GST Registration….
- Sole Proprietorship Firm – Pan Card and Address Proof of the proprietor.
- Partnership Firm – Pan card of the Firm with the deed and Partnership registration certificate & partners id & address proof.
- Private Limited Company or One Person Company – Pan Card of the Company , COI , MOA & AOA of Company and Board Resolution with Directors Id & Address Proof.
- In case of LLP (Limited Liability Partnership) – COI & Pan Card of Company and Deed + Partners Id & Address Proof